Act now before June 30th for your chance to attend the National Forum on Active Learning Classrooms Conference – travel expenses on FLEXspace!
FLEXspace™ and our generous founding sponsor Herman Miller™ are excited to offer this opportunity to FLEXspace contributors!
Upload a complete record(s), or update/complete an existing record(s), during the month of June in the FLEXspace repository that details an active learning space, complete the official entry form below, and your campus will be entered into a drawing to have a member of your team attend the NFALC with conference registration, travel and hotel costs paid!**
To contribute to FLEXspace and enter the drawing, do the following:
- Read complete contest guidelines and restrictions below.
- Sign up for an account if you don’t already have one.
- Enter/update a complete active learning classroom record by June 30th.
- Notify FLEXspace that your record is ready by entering the drawing by completing the official online entry form below. (NOTE: You MUST do this in order to enter the drawing!).
- ENTER as many separate active learning spaces as you like into FLEXspace.
- Winner will be selected at random and announced July 8th!
Contest guidelines and restrictions:
- RESTRICTIONS: **This offer covers hotel, conference registration, and travel/airfare expenses not to exceed $1500 USD total.
- ELIGIBILITY: Individuals with institutional .edu addresses (or international or other education equivalent) have access to the FLEXspace repository, and thus have the opportunity to upload records to FLEXspace and enter the drawing. There may be an unlimited number of individual FLEXspace contributors from the same institution. Upload/complete more than one active learning space and increase your chances!
- DEADLINE: All qualifying FLEXspace records that are completed (newly uploaded or updated), and have notified FLEXspace.org by completing the drawing entry form, by June 30th, 2015 are eligible for the drawing.
- WINNER: Winner will be drawn at random from the official entry forms (and upon further confirmation of an eligible record in the FLEXspace repository.) The winner may use the prize money to reimburse his/her own previously purchased NFALC conference travel, or transfer the prize to a colleague so that he/she can attend the NFALC conference! The winner will be announced via email sent out to the FLEXspace community July 8th, 2015.
Questions about entries:
- What counts as an Active Learning Space? Nearly any physical campus classroom, maker space, or other learning space might be considered “active” if it contains elements that promote group work, brainstorming areas, and other elements that facilitate student engagement and problem solving.
- What counts as a complete record? The FLEXspace record you enter must include details in all fields on all three tabs (Learning & Assessment, Technology, and Facilities) – including the comment fields! (If you can’t complete some of the fields, tell us why in the comments!). You may have multiple “records” associated with one “learning space,” so make sure you copy complete data to all associated records.
- How many chances/records may I enter? Only one record/chance per learning space will be counted towards the drawing. E.g., If you upload 5 photos and documents for “Room AH1120,” that counts as one “learning space” and thus receives one entry into the drawing. If you upload a complete record for another learning space, “Room BAM195,” that counts as a second entry/chance for the drawing.
Find out more about the Third Biennial National Forum on Active Learning Classrooms (NFALC), held at University at Minnesota, August 5-7, 2015 at http://cceevents.umn.edu/national-forum-on-active-learning-classrooms.